Dental implants in Los Algodones are an affordable way for Americans and Canadians to replace missing teeth at a low cost.
Due to its reputation as a ‘Molar city,’1 this Mexico-US border town is home to many dental offices.
Thanks to highly-skilled dentists, you can restore your smile with quality dentistry at a reasonable price in Los Algodones.
Let’s explore all that this tranquil place has to offer.
Best Dentist & Clinics in Los Algodones
Cost of Dental Implants in Los Algodones
Los Algodones dental implants cost $750 on average per tooth, while the same will cost you around $3,000 in the US.
You can save up to 75% on your dental treatment. Another example is all-on-4 dental implants in Los Algodones cost $8,900, while in the USA, they cost $25,000.
See the below table for more information on prices between Los Algodones, the USA, and Canada:
|Std. Implant Crown + Abutment||$3,000||$450|
|Implant Supported Denture (Removable-With 2 Dental Implants)||$6,000||$2,880|
The cost may vary depending on the type of dental implant and material used. Fill out our free quote to know the latest prices.
Why Los Algodones for Implants?
If you are looking for a pocket-friendly option for your smile restoration, Los Algodones is the best choice. The top 3 benefits of getting your implants there are:
- Dental implants in Los Algodones, Mexico, cost about 70% less than in the US and Canada.
- A good alternative for saving money is the package deal provided by our clinics in Algodones.
- Algodones is a border town located in the northernmost part of Mexico, and the city of Yuma, AZ, is only seven miles away.
- Our clinics are only a couple blocks from the border crossing. In addition, Algodones is just 20 minutes south of San Diego, USA.
- Algodones clinics use advanced technology and modern facilities for your comfort and painless dental care.
- Some of the main facilities available in the clinics are KaVo Everest CAD/CAM, CT-scan, panoramic X-rays, digital periapical X-rays, and intraoral camera & laser equipment.
Best Implant Dentist in Los Algodones
Dental implant specialists at our partner clinics in Los Algodones have gained diplomas at prestigious universities, such as Harvard School of Dental Medicine.
They also have attended several courses in implantology, so you need not worry about complete comfort and safety.
Let’s meet your dentist in Algodones:
- Dr. Omar Gerardo Valero Monroy
- Dr. Jose Manuel Jimenez M.
- Dr. Cinthya Liney Acosta Favela
- Dr. Luis Armando Melendez Martínez
What are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a titanium post that replaces the missing tooth root.
Dental implants are surgically placed in the jawbone to support a crown, bridge, or denture.2
The following table provides important information about the dental implant procedure.
Dental Implant Procedure
Here are the steps of the dental implant process:3
- First visit: A dentist will examine your teeth, gums, and jawbone to determine whether your jawbone can maintain the implant.
- Implant placement: Your oral surgeon makes small incisions in your gums to place the implant.
- First healing period: After implant placement, you must wait for 2 to 6 months for bone growth to prepare a solid base for your new artificial tooth.
- Abutment placement: A surgeon attaches the abutment to the dental implant to connect it with a replacement tooth.
- Second healing period: This period lasts about two weeks and includes the gum tissue that will wrap around the abutment.
- Tooth placement: Here, a dentist makes the impressions on your teeth to make the crown – your natural-looking artificial tooth.
Types of Dental Implants4
Parts of a Dental Implant5
Medical Considerations for Implant Placement6
- Drug abuse
- Poor oral care
- Mental illness
- Age of the patient
- Active treatment of cancer
- Uncontrolled diabetes mellitus
- Bleeding/clotting problems
- Recent heart attack or stroke
General Guidelines After Placement
You have been through oral surgery and got your beautiful dental implants.
Now you have to take care of your new teeth just like you would of your natural teeth.
The general tips for implant aftercare include:7
- Apply ice packs for initial 24 hours.
- Avoid very hot liquids for 2 days.
- Avoid hard or sticky foods for 2 weeks.
- Avoid pushing your tongue near the implant area for 3-4 weeks.
- Soft foods like mashed potato and scrambled eggs are recommended for 3-4 weeks.
- Avoid brushing the surgical site for 2-3 days, and later on, use a soft-bristled brush to clean your teeth.
- Recovery rate varies from patient to patient, and various factors, such as the nature of the surgery, age, and individual recovery capacity, matter.
Dental Tourism in Los Algodones – General Facts
Los Algodones is a popular Mexican city for dental tourism thanks to its proximity to the USA and numerous dental clinics.
Want to know more about Los Algodones before going there for cheap cosmetic dentistry?
Let’s see the general facts in the following table that might interest you:
|Official Name||Vicente Guerrero or Molar Town|
|Best Time to Visit||Winter, from December to March9|
|Closest Airport||Yuma (YUM)|
|Driving Distance from Yuma||22 min (11.3 mi) via I-8 W|
Documents Required to Enter Mexico
For Canadians and Americans, a visa is not required to enter Mexico.
You must bring certain documents when crossing the border to Los Algodones and back home.
Check the following information to know more:
To explore more about the beauty of Los Algodones, check out our travel guide- here.
Los Algodones Dentist Reviews
Check out what our clients have to say about us.
- All-on-4 dental implants review – Los Algodones, Mexico
- Victor reviews dental implants in Los Algodones – Mexico
- Canadian reviews crowns on implants in Los Algodones
How much is a dental implant in Algodones, Mexico?
A dental implant in Algodones costs around $750.
Compared to the US price of $3,000 and more, Los Algodones implant is up to four times cheaper.
We have created the following table that includes cosmetic implant costs for different implant procedures:
|Bone Graft (per unit)||$400|
Getting dental implants in Los Algodones will cost you less without compromising the quality, and you’ll have a desired natural-looking smile!
So are you ready to get your implants in Mexico near Yuma? Contact our friendly Algodones Dental Center team for a free dental quote now!
1. Place and see- Algodones
2. Mayo clinic- Dental Implant Surgery
3. Healthline- Everything to Know About a Dental Implant Procedure
4. WebMD- Types of Dental Implants
5 & 6. Animated Teeth- Dental Implants – What are they?
7. WebMD- 9 Tips to Recover From Oral Surgery
8. Xchangerate- Currency Exchange in Los Algodones, Baja California
9. Place and see- Algodones
10. Visas Mexico- Mexico Entry Requirements for US Citizens
11. New Mexico Border- U.S. Citizens Returning To The U.S.A. From Mexico
12. Visas Mexico- Mexico Entry Requirements for Canadian Citizens