Travel Guide for Los Algodones, Mexico
Officially called Vicento Guerrero, Los Algodones is the mecca for dental tourism in Mexico. The border town is home to several well-equipped dental centers which provide quality treatment for just about 30% to 40% of the prices charged in the United States and Canada.
Here is some useful information for those considering a dental clinic in Algodones.
Located less than 10 miles from Yuma, Arizona, the border town can be reached by taking Interstate 8 and exiting the State Route 186/Andrade Road to the border crossing point at Andrade, California. Algodones is right opposite the Imperial County on the American side of the border.
Crossing the Border
You will have to cross over into Los Algodones from the Andrade Port of Entry which is two miles south of Interstate 8. It is open from 6 am to 10 pm.
- American citizens need to present a valid passport or passport card for entering Mexico.
- US citizens are allowed a visa-less stay for less than 72 hours within 12-18 miles of the border zone.
- The dental center in Algodones can issue you a letter stating you need to cross the border to seek dental care to speed up the process of border crossing. Contact us for more information in this regard.
You have the option to leave your vehicle at one of the several parking lots on the American side of the border for a nominal fee and then walk down to the clinic on the other side of the border. However, overnight parking is not allowed and your vehicle may be towed away.
Alternatively, the Algodones dental clinic where your treatment will be facilitated has its own parking lot located just a couple of blocks from the border crossing. You can park your car there for FREE.
If you are driving down to Mexico in your own car you will have to purchase vehicle insurance from a Mexican company as usually American auto insurance is not valid in Mexico.
Reaching the Clinic
You can reach the “Platinum” branch of the clinic by crossing over to Algodones and taking a right on the first block on street marked “A”. Turn left on the next block marked at “3 st”. Walk 50 meters straight almost till the end of the street and the dental clinic will be on your right.
The branch at Alamo Street can be reached by walking straight after crossing over into Algodones. You will find the clinic at the middle of the block after crossing the two streets marked “A st” and “B st”.
Walking distance for both the dental facilities is not more than two blocks from the border crossing.
Nearest American Airports
- The closest American airport is the Yuma International Airport (IATA: YUM) which is just about 9 miles from Algodones.
- You also have the option to fly into the Palm Springs International Airport (IATA: PSP) which is about 137 miles away or the San Diego International Airport (IATA: SAN) which is about 165 miles from Los Algodones.
Your stay can be arranged at special tariffs at the only hotel in the border town – Hotel Hacienda. Alternatively, if you are staying overnight, you can consider lodging options in Yuma, Arizona.
We will help you have a smooth dental trip to the Mexican border town. Our dedicated case manager make sure you have a fulfilling experience and are here to answer all your queries related to your trip. We make the thought of traveling to a foreign land for having your smiles refurbished a less intimidating one.