Crossing the US-Mexico border may seem like a daunting task when planning your dental trip to Los Algodones.
Fret not, as this blog covers everything you need to know before you make your trip down south!
You can walk or drive through the border. The closest US border town is Yuma, Arizona.
You can take a flight to Yuma or drive down.
By Air: Take a direct, short flight to Yuma, Arizona. Next, drive down from Yuma to Los Algodones.
The distance from Yuma, AZ, to Los Algodones, is 12 miles (~20 mins). You can avail the free shuttle service offered by us.
By Road: You can drive down from nearby US cities to Los Algodones
Border Crossing: Yuma-Algodones border at the Andrade Port of Entry
Border Crossing Times: 06:00 AM to 10:00 PM California Time
Waiting Times: 1 hour or more (during the weekend)
- Park on the US side at the Quechan Parking lot (Andrade Parking Lot) at a distance of 0.8 miles (5 mins) from the border
- The parking lot opens at 6:00 am and closes at 10:00 pm (Arizona Time).
- Fee for cars: $6/day; $10 (overnight)
- Get a free shuttle service once you cross the border.
- Drive to Algodones. We have a parking lot at no charge for patients just next to the clinic at Alamo Street in the MediPlaza. (Only 2 blocks away from the border).
- US Citizens: Do not require documents to enter Mexico. However, on returning to the US, you would need valid id proof such as a birth certificate, driver’s license, or passport.
- Canadians & other nationalities: Require a valid passport to enter & exit Mexico.
- Visa: Not required for stays lesser than 180 days.
Check the latest guidelines here before you plan your trip.