Apart from the obvious change in aesthetics, other problems resulting from tooth loss include malocclusion, food entrapment and bad breath.
For more stable and efficient results, Implant-supported-dentures in Los Algodones – Mexico are one of the various options available to replace missing teeth.
Affordable Removable Implant-supported Overdentures near Yuma, Arizona.
|Type of Overdenture in Algodones||Price in US Dollars*|
|With Two Implants||$2,550|
|With Three Implants||$3,650|
The above information is subject to change without prior notification. Confirm prices by contacting us through the website quote-form.
Los Algodones is a Mexican city located less than ten miles of Yuma, Arizona. It attracts a lot of American tourists because of its inexpensive dental facilities, pharmacies and cheap prescription drugs.
Dental Trip Simplified
We understand that when you leave your comfort zone and travel to a foreign land, you want everything to run smoothly and be customized for you. To help you prepare for your visit for full mouth reconstruction in Los Algodones, Mexico, we will help you with the following:
|Initial Consultation||During Treatment||After the Treatment|
|Sending you a FREE estimation of your dental work||Complimentary Pick-up||Billing Support|
|Scheduling your appointment||Concierge Services||Future Appointment Scheduling|
|Hotel Bookings||FREE phone calls to the US and Canada||Assistance with prescriptions and medical records|
|Transportation||Wi-Fi Internet Access|
NOTE: TnC apply
Two-year Warranty on Dentures
We offer two year warranty on implant overdentures and other kinds of teeth replacement procedures such as All-on-6 and All-on-4 dental implants at our Los Algodones network facility. (TnC apply)
How Much You Save in Mexico?
Compared to the prices charged for implant overdentures in the United States or Canada, our package prices help you cut costs by over 70%.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are Mexican doctors good?
Yes, our doctors are at par with their US counterparts. They are highly educated and experienced. One of our experts, for example, Dr. Jose Manuel Jimenez M has undergone evidence based implant dentistry course at the Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston.
Can they speak English?
Yes, they can. Our staff is bilingual and can communicate in English.
How to reach Los Algodones?
|Los Algodones is just across the Mexico-U.S. border about seven miles west of Yuma, Arizona off Interstate 8.Travel down Route 186. The road takes you to the border crossing in Andrade, California.
You can officially cross the Andrade Port of Entry between 6:00 am and 10:00 pm.
|The Yuma International Airport (YUM) is the nearest airport to Los Algodones and is only fifteen minutes drive from the border crossing.The nearest Mexican airport is the General Rodolfo Sanchez Taboada International Airport (MXL) in Mexicali about 50 minutes away.|
Where will I stay in Los Algodones?
Hotel Hacienda offers a night stay at only $35, especially for our patients. A special promotion offer:
Get up to 3 nights FREE stay at Hotel Hacienda Los Algodones with treatment of over $2,000 USD
Note: Terms & Conditions apply
Alternatively, you can stay at one of the hotels in Yuma, Arizona.
Traditional Dentures – A Go-to for the Edentulous
Did you know one in every five adults aged 65 and over had untreated tooth decay? According to the American College of Prosthodontists’ Go to a Pro, about 15 percent of the edentulous population has dentures made each year in the US2 as a solution to replace missing teeth.
If you have tried traditional dentures you probably have known their limitations. They are unstable, wobbly and shift around in the mouth. People who want a stable alternative may be interested in implant supported dentures.
Unlike traditional dentures which are placed on the gum line with no support, implant supported dentures are anchored in your mouth by dental implants. They are fast becoming the preferred option for patients with missing teeth.
Dental implants are titanium tooth roots that are surgically placed in the jawbone and then a prosthetic crown, bridge or denture is attached to it. Through the process of osseointegration, the artificial tooth root attaches itself to the jawbone. Abutments are attached to the titanium rod after the healing process is over.
Overdentures vs. Ordinary Dentures
Implant supported dentures have following advantages over traditional removable dentures:
|Implant Supported Dentures||Traditional Dentures|
|Secured by implants.||Placed over the gum line and are not secured by dental implants.|
|Are a permanent solution.||Not a permanent solution.|
|Are stable and do not slide or move.||Prone to sliding.|
|Do not require any adhesives||May require adhesives.|
|You can eat all kinds of food.||There may be difficulty chewing some foods.|
|Strengthen and support the jawbone.||Do not support the jawbone.|
What are Implant-supported Dentures?
- Implant overdentures are dental devices that replace missing teeth in people who are either edentulous or on the verge of losing all their teeth.
- Overdetures are tooth replacements that get snapped on to implants.
- Usually two or three implants are placed in the jawbone to support the denture.
- These are then topped by removable or fixed dentures.
- Removable implant overdentures may be of two types:
- Implant-retained but supported by gums: The dentures rest directly on your gums and are held in place by implants that get osseintegrated with your jaw bone. The removable dentures are affixed with implants through special attachments that snap on to the implants.
- Bar-retained overdentures: The overdenture is fixed on a metal bar joined with the implants. This metal bar rests on the gum.
- Implant-supported fixed dentures are dental prosthetics fixed on dental implants that have securely anchored into the jawbone after osseointegration. Unlike removable dentures which can be easily removed for cleaning them, fixed dentures can be removed only by a dental doctor.
- Snap-on Dentures
- Implant Retained Dentures
- Implant Retained Overdentures
- Dental Implant Dentures
Why Opt for Overdentures?
- No hassle of slipping out: Traditional dentures, especially in the lower jaws, are known to pop out of the mouth. Overdentures are held in place securely by implants and give you the freedom of enjoying the foods you like without any fear of your artificial teeth slipping out of the mouth. Overdentures also result in marked improvement in speech and appearance.
- Better digestive health: While traditional dentures tend to be unstable because these rely on adhesives to remain in place, you may not be able to properly chew food. Implant-retained overdentures, on the other hand, are securely held by implants, thereby allowing you to chew food properly; this, in turn, promotes digestion.
- Bone loss prevention: Conventional dentures are known to speed-up the process of loss of jaw bone. On the contrary, implant overdentures are known to decelerate and even stop the process of jaw bone loss.
FAQ – Overdentures
|Do they look natural?||Yes, implant supported over-dentures closely resemble the natural teeth.|
|Are implants successful?||Implants can last many years if cared for properly. According to a research study by Tom Bergendal and colleagues implants have a success rate of over 98%3.|
|Will it hurt?||Dental implants are placed under local anesthesia. When it wears off some temporary inconvenience may be felt.|
|How long does it take to place implants?||Depending on the number of implants, it takes 60-90 min.|
|Will it positively affect my eating and chewing functions?||According to a research study by Merete Bakke, implant supported dentures permit better eating and chewing functions4|
Snap-on Dentures at Top Clinic in Algodones – Mexico
We offer highly affordable implant-supported overdentures in Los Algodones, a border town in Mexico less than ten miles from Yuma, AZ. Your dental implant work will be performed at a prime clinic which receives thousands of American and Canadian dental tourists every year.
The clinic features CAD CAM technology and an in-house dental lab allowing for quicker completion of dental work. The clinic is less than a quarter of a mile from the border. You can easily park your car on the American side of the border and walk your way to the clinic. The clinic also has its own parking lot, the services of which can be availed free of cost.
The clinic has air conditioned rooms, air sterilization and water filtration systems and boasts a powerful team of dental specialists who have impressive credentials and international exposure.
Click here for travel information on Los Algodones.
Caring for Implants and Overdentures
- You should be careful while cleaning around the attachments.
- Remove the denture and use a tufted toothbrush to clean around the abutment of the implant.
- The cleaning method for the snap-on dentures is the same as for conventional dentures. Use soft toothbrush to clean the denture. Rinse with water and immerse them in a glass of water overnight.
- Don’t skip dental appointments; be regular with them. Dental appointments ensure you are keeping your implants and dentures clean and plaque free.
- Let your gums rest, remove your dentures at night.
- Use a thick floss to clean your implant surface.
- You can also use a mouthwash (if recommended by your dentist) twice daily.
For more information on implant overdentures in Los Algodones – Mexico, fill in the website quote-form on the right.
- Implant-Supported Overdentures: A Longitudinal Prospective Study. Tom Bergendal, DDS, Odont Dr/Bo Engquist, DDS. http://medlib.yu.ac.kr/eur_j_oph/ijom/IJOMI/ijomi_13_253.pdf
- Masticatory Function and Patient Satisfaction with Implant-Supported Mandibular Overdentures: A Prospective 5-Year Study. Merete Bakke, DDS, Ph, Dr Odont Betty Holm, DDS, PhD Klaus Gotfredsen, DDS, PhD, Odont Dr https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Merete_Bakke/publication/10997274_Masticatory_function_and_patient_satisfaction_with_implant-supported_mandibular_overdentures/links/0046351864393467c2000000.pdf