Considering fixing your damaged teeth?
Porcelain fused to metal crowns (PFM) in Los Algodones, Mexico, could be the answer.
PFM crowns are the gold standard in tooth repair. They have a remarkable 75.5% lifespan over 20 years!1
And the best part? Save a whopping 86% compared to US prices. Intrigued?
To start, let’s review testimonials from patients who’ve had crown treatments in Algodones.
PFM in Los Algodones Reviews
Cost of Porcelain Fused to Metal Crowns in Los Algodones
The average cost of a porcelain fused metal crown in Los Algodones is just $210.
While you have to pay a hefty $1,500 in the US.
That’s a whopping 86% cheaper south of the border!
The good news is that insurance may cover up to half the dental crown cost.
But if your crown is considered cosmetic, expect minimal or no insurance coverage.2
PFM Dental Crown Cost in Los Algodones vs. US
|Procedure||US||Los Algodones||Algodones Treatment Duration|
|Porcelain-Fused-to-Metal (PFM) Crown||$1,500||$210||3 – 4 days|
|Porcelain Fused to Gold Crown||$2,500||$600||3 – 4 days|
*Los Algodones PFM Crown prices are case dependent.
Thus, Americans seeking affordable porcelain-fused-to-metal dental crowns can head to Los Algodones, Mexico.
They can even enhance their savings with exclusive offers from our Algodones dental clinic.
To learn more, continue scrolling!
Low-Cost Dental Work in Los Algodones: Limited-Time Deal
If you opt for a treatment worth $1,000 or more, you’ll enjoy a free night’s stay at Hotel Hacienda Algodones.
And if your treatment surpasses $2,000, you’ll get three nights on the house!
If you’re considering crown restoration, here’s a little bonus: you’ll receive a free night guard.
Just remember, you’ll need to get six or more crowns in one visit to snag this offer.
Make sure you take advantage of these fantastic Algodones dental care savings!
Contact us now to kickstart your dental journey with us today!
Next, let’s explore dental crown indications, procedures, aftercare, and benefits in the next section.
What Is a Porcelain Fused to Metal Crown?
A dental crown, also known as a cap, is like a tooth’s protective armor.
It’s placed over a cracked, decayed, or damaged tooth to keep it strong and healthy.
It is designed with porcelain on the outside to match your tooth’s color.
The inside contains metal for stability and durability.
This combination ensures both aesthetics and strength for your dental restoration.
When Are Crowns Needed?
Your Los Algodones crown dentist might recommend capping a tooth for various reasons.
These reasons typically fall into one or more of the following categories:3
Curious about your eligibility for PFM crowns in Los Algodones?
Reach out to us today for a consultation.
Now, let’s discover the steps to the dental crown procedure.
Porcelain Fused to Metal Crowns in Los Algodones: Procedure
Typically, getting a tooth crown in Algodones requires two separate dental visits.4
- The dentist examines the tooth for crown support.
- In cases of severe damage, the dentist may fill the tooth to prepare for the crown.
- After shaping, an impression of it and the surrounding area is taken.
- The impression is sent to a dental lab to fabricate the permanent crown.
- A temporary crown protects the tooth until the final crown is ready.
The temporary crown is removed, and the dentist attaches the new crown using a special adhesive.
After the procedure, it may take some time to adapt to the permanent tooth crown.
However, it should eventually look, function, and feel like a natural tooth.
Porcelain Fused to Metal Crowns in Los Algodones: Aftercare
After 24-48 hours of avoiding sticky or hard foods, you can start adjusting to your new crown.
While it’s designed to withstand biting, chewing, and grinding, remember that crowns can still be damaged.
So be mindful of your diet, avoiding items like candies and whole nuts
Regular brushing, flossing, and professional cleanings are vital for your crown’s durability.3
Benefits of PFM Crowns
- Durable and cost-effective compared to all-ceramic crowns.5
- Customizable to blend seamlessly with surrounding teeth for a natural look.5
- Excellent choice for posterior teeth.5
- Proven track record of clinical success.6
Although dental crowns are a common method to protect natural teeth, complications can still arise.
If you have a dental crown or plan to get one, it is vital to be aware of common issues.
Common Dental Crown Problems
Dental crown failure can happen based on their position in your mouth
Crowns on upper teeth are at a higher risk due to their complex placement.3
Nonetheless, the crown’s performance relies on the chosen materials and procedure.
When it comes to PFM crowns, be aware of four common problems:7
- Discomfort & sensitivity
- Loose crowns
- Metal visibility through the gums
Staying aware of these issues is essential.
If you notice any problems, don’t hesitate to contact your dentist to prevent further complications.
PFM vs. All-Ceramic
Are you wondering if a PFM crown is better than full porcelain?
Take a look at this handy comparison table and make your choice.
|Features||Porcelain Fused to Metal Crown||All Ceramic|
|Esthetics||Less natural due to metal base/ greying gums||Highly aesthetic|
|Opposing tooth wear||More tooth wear||Less tooth wear|
|Allergic reaction||Chances of metal allergy||Non-allergic|
|Survival rate after 5 years||99.5%||92%|
Source: NewMouth.com,8 ResearchGate,9 Animated-Teeth.com,10 National Elf Service,11 Cureus12
In our Los Algodones dental clinic, we support your oral health decisions and ensure you receive top-notch treatment tailored to your needs.
Plus, we’ve got porcelain fused to gold dental crowns available as an option for you!
Curious to learn more about our Los Algodones dental center and its services? Dive into the next section.
Best Clinic for Porcelain Fused Metal Crowns in Los Algodones
Established in 1985, Algodones Dental Center (ADC) is a renowned dental clinic near the US-Mexico border.
The clinic is a proud American Dental Association (ADA) member and serves over 2,500 international patients annually.
ADC offers a range of exceptional features, including:
- Membership with BBB and MTA
- All-inclusive dental tourism packages featuring dedicated Case Managers
- Cutting-edge technologies such as CAD-CAM, Dental laser, and CT-Scan
- A fully equipped on-site dental lab for fast turnaround
- Dental treatments with 2-5 years warranties
- A bilingual team, free consultations, ample parking, and free shuttle services enhance your experience.
Now you know the cheapest place to get teeth caps in Los Algodones. Next, let’s move on to the top crown dentists in Algodones.
Best Dentists for Porcelain Fused Metal Crowns in Los Algodones, Mexico
Dr. Jorge Alan Gutierrez Ordaz
Experience: 10+ years
Expertise: Implants, All on 4/6/8, Crowns & Bridges, Dentures
- DDS, Autonomous University of Baja California
- Certified in Advanced Dental Prostheses and Implants. ROSS Institute.
Dr. Alberto Soto
Experience: 30+ years
Expertise: Dental crowns and braces
- DDS, National Polytechnic Institute
- Certified In Orthodontics
- Certified in Dental Prosthesis
Eager to plan your trip? Just keep scrolling, and you’ll find all the info on how to get to the clinic.
How Can I Reach the Mexican Border Town?
Los Algodones is 7 miles from Yuma. You can cross into Mexico from the port of entry at Andrade, California.
Take a look at the map below to see the travel durations by road from major US cities to Los Algodones.
How To Reach the Dental Clinic in Los Algodones, Mexico?
Once you cross the border at Andrade Port of Entry, walk two blocks, and you will find the clinic at Alamo Street.
The Los Algodones dental clinic provides complimentary shuttle transportation to and from the airport and border.
I Am Driving Down to Algodones; Where Can I Park My Car?
The clinic has its own parking facility on Alamo Street, and you can park there for free.
Where Can I Stay in the Border Town?
Considering a short stay in Los Algodones for your dental crowns?
Check out the accommodation choices we offer.
Hotels in Los Algodones
Hotels in Yuma
|Hotel||Rooms starting at|
|Best Western Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites, 1450 Castle, Dome Ave. Yuma, AZ 85365||$77 USD|
|Hilton Garden Inn Yuma, 310 N Madison Ave|
Yuma, AZ 85364
|Hampton Inn & Suites, 1600 East 16th Street|
Yuma, AZ 85365
|Quechan Casino Resort, 525 Algodones Rd,|
Winterhaven, CA 92283
|$79 USD on weekdays|
Don’t let a broken tooth affect your happiness any longer.
Reclaim your smile affordably with porcelain fused to metal crowns in Los Algodones, Mexico.
Also, save 86% on high-quality treatment at an ADA-accredited dental clinic in Los Algodones.
Ready to restore your beautiful smile with Algodones’ all-inclusive dental crown packages?
Get in touch with us today.
- NCBI: Cement selection criteria for full coverage restorations
- NewMouth: Dental Crowns: Types, Procedure Overview & Costs
- Verywellhealth: Dental Crown: Types, Cost, and Procedure
- Colgate: Your Dental Crown Procedure: What To Expect
- Medium: All About PFM Crowns
- Pocket Dentistry: Ceramics: Porcelain-Fused-to-Metal Restorations
- WebMD: Dental Crowns
- NewMouth: Gold teeth
- ResearchGate: Allergic reactions associated with metal alloys in porcelain-fused-to-metal fixed prosthodontic devices-A systematic review
- Animated-teeth.com: Types of dental crowns.
- National ELF Service: Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns or all-ceramic crowns?
- Cureus: Evaluation and Comparison of Five-Year Survival of Tooth-Supported Porcelain Fused to Metal and All-Ceramic Multiple Unit Fixed Prostheses